The specialists in Endocrinology evaluate, diagnose and manage all endocrinology disorders, in paediatric, adolescent and adult patients
Endocrinology is a branch of medicine that concerns the study of hormones (eg: insulin) and its disorders.
The endocrine system consists of several glands located in different parts of the body, that secrete hormones. The endocrine disorders are a varied group of diseases that usually occur due to hypofunctioning or hyperfunctioning of these glands.
Diabetes, the most common endocrine disorder encountered in clinical practice, occurs due to decreased secretion of insulin, a hormonal product from pancreas, an endocrine gland.
The common endocrine disorders are the following:
- Diabetes - most common endocrine disorder
- Thyroid disorders – hypothyroidism
- Pituitary disorders – pituitary tumors, raised pituitary hormone levels (e.g. Prolactin, GH, etc.), deficiency of pituitary hormones, diabetes insipidus
- Adrenal disorders - Adrenal tumors, Pheochromocytoma, adrenal failure
- Polycystic ovary syndromeand - other causes of hirsuitism and
- Male reproductive disorders – Male infertility, hypogonadism
- Disorders of growth – Growth hormone deficiency and short stature, Growth hormone excess and other causes of excessive gain in height
- Disorders of puberty – delayed puberty, precocious
- Disorders of sexual development – Small penis, hidden ambiguity, gynecomastia (development of breast tissue in males), Turner’s syndrome, Klinefelter’s syndrome
- Metabolic bone disorders – Osteoporosis, Vitamin D deficiency, Rickets, Osteomalacia, Hyperparathyroidism
- Obesity and overweight
- Dyslipidemia – disorders related to cholesterol, High cholesterol levels
- Other hormonal disorders – Insulinoma, neuroendocrine tumors, MEN syndrome, PGA syndrome, etc.
A team of endocrinologist, diabetes nurse educator and dietician manages inpatient and outpatient services. The focus is primarily on outpatient management of endocrinal and metabolic diseases to prevent complications and IP admissions. Awareness of the Patient is the key area of significance to manage these types of diseases effectively.
The consultant endocrinologist has been trained and experienced and is capable of treating both adults and paediatrics. The team provides comprehensive care for children with diabetes and educates them regarding their disease. The team provides specialised care for children and adults with metabolic bone disorders, obesity, menstrual, growth and pubertal disorders, Thyroid disorders, Infertility ,Cancer etc and effectively manages.
- Stem cell Therapy in Diabetes and Cancer
- Advance Treatment in short stature, Muscle growth / Growth hormone therapy
- Management of pituitary and hypothalamic diseases
- Diabetes prevention programme (Type I & Type II)
- Radical Cure Therapy for Thyroid
- Neuron Endocrine therapy of obesity and lipid disorders.
- Management of metabolic bone disorders and osteoporosis.
- Menstrual, growth and pubertal disorders.
- Optimum Hormone therapy for Infertility , Sexual Dysfunction
- Infertility and reproductive endocrinology
- Andrology including hypogonadism
- Endocrine Therapy in inter sex problem / Ambigious Genetalia / Hirsutism / Ageing/ Sex reversal therapy
- Paediatric endocrinology
- Prevention Programme for Hyperthyroidism , Breast Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Prostrate Cancer.
The Facilities and technologies availed in anaesthesia department are:
- State of art anaesthesia machine with low gas flow mechanism
- High resolution ultrasound for nerve tracking
- Operation theatres equipped with Anaesthesia Gas Scavenging System